Monday, December 13, 2010

Grandma's Celebrating with Jesus this Christmas

My dear, sweet, gentle, beautiful grandma passed away this morning.  She was 71 years old and one of the best women I've ever known.  Her worn out body was ready to rest eternally.  After 23 years, she lost her battle with cancer.  We are so blessed and grateful for every second and every memory of those 23 years.  I'm especially grateful for a special, last visit with her over Thanksgiving.  She is leaving behind an incredible legacy and example of how to be a godly wife, mother, grandmother, and woman of God.  Here are a few pictures of our last visit with her:

Meeting Caleb for the first time.  Excuse the blurriness, we just came in from outside and the lens was foggy.

Grandma and Grandpa.  :)

With al the grandkids.  The pictures of us facing forward are on a different camera. 

And this is Grandpa.  I thought he deserved a picture with Caleb too.


We'll be heading up to Wichita very soon for a busy, emotional week I'm sure.  I am so grateful that Grandma gets to celebrate Christmas with Jesus and no longer has to deal with any pain or difficulty breathing.  She was an incredible woman and I hope to be like her in many ways.  I love you, Grandma. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your grandma, Val. She sounds like an amazing woman. At least she got to meet her great grand baby before she went :) We are praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your grandparents from elementary school, they are such sweet people! So sorry to hear about your grandma! I had no idea way back then that she had cancer!

    ReplyDelete