Monday, February 28, 2011

A Long Battle

In 1995 they gave him 2-5 years to live.  He passed away Sunday, February 27, 2011.  For you math whizzes, that's 11-14 years more than doctors predicted. 

He was a gentle, kind, thoughtful, proud, distinguished, loving, caring, strong, hardworking man.  He was my grandpa.  After a 20 year long battle with cancer, his body finally wore out.  He fought a long hard fight and I think he won.  He doesn't have to suffer through any more pain, treatment or doctor's visits.  And best of all, he is now spending eternity with Jesus.  That's all he talked about in his last few days. 

I have so many incredible memories of this incredible man.  I'm so thankful he was my grandpa and I'm proud to be his granddaughter.  He was a decorated veteran of the Air Force and Air National Guard. 

We miss you and love you Grandpa.  Can't wait to see you again. 





1 comment:

  1. love you so much, grandpa! we miss you a whole lot!
    good tribute, showers :)

    ReplyDelete