Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Simple Reminder

"Many are the plans in a person's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."
- Proverbs 19:21
 
What an incredible verse.  Just about all day everyday, I feel like my thoughts are consumed with my "plans."  Plans for the future, plans for the day, plans for my family, plans for my free time, plans for dinner, plans for my chores, etc.  But how often do those thoughts turn to the Lord's plans?  Or better yet, why don't they even start out that way? 
 
I know sometimes our plans line up with the Lord's, and sometimes they don't.  Oftentimes, it is difficult to discern between knowing if our "plans" are just that, ours, or if they are the Lord's doing.  Isn't it such a comfort to know that God's purpose will prevail?  Many times I worry so much about me/us making the "right" choice that I completely take the reins from God and don't even act like I trust him.  Something that Nick says a lot that I need to hear over and over is this: We have no reason not to trust God.  He's proved himself faithful time and time again.  So true.  So, several times a day, I have to humbly hand back over the reins.  Why wouldn't I want him driving anyway?  I guess because I'm a fallen, stubborn human being. 
 
Just needed this as a reminder today. 
 
PS - I sure did use a lot of "air quotes" in this post.  Sorry about that...haha.

3 comments:

  1. such a good reminder.
    this week has actually been a reminder of that for me. looking back, i can see how his plans have prevailed, and in ways i never would have imagined of course. i love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    I'm a friend of Jodi Knack (soon to be Jodi Thompson)! We've been trying to get ahold of you to mail you a bridal shower invitation. If you could look me up on facebook (click my name on this post) and send me your address, we'd love to mail you one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very true. we always are looking for proof that God leads our lives, and we rarely ever see that he already is! thats exactly what "hard times" are. it is God's way of saying "hellooo, im in charge here!". so humbling and i love it. i love finding myself in hard times. crazy, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete