Monday, March 28, 2011

Self-discipline....it can be so tough.

At work we are doing an 8-week weight loss challenge.  Today is the first day.  Whoever wants to join puts $20 in the pot and we weigh-in every other week.  If you gain any weight, you have to pay an additional $1 per pound.  Whoever loses the biggest percentage wins some moo-lah!!!  (plus, he/she probably get to go clothes shopping for smaller sizes!! - BONUS!).
 
So, I'm taking the plunge.  It's time to lose more baby weight and first-year-of-marriage weight.  I want to feel comfortable wearing shorts & tank tops this summer.  I want to be an active wife and mother.  I want to take care of my body.  And I don't want to be so self concious about myself anymore or avoid pictures because I don't feel comfortable with myself. 
 
I am so blessed to have an amazing husband who loves me no matter what I look like and who tells me I'm beautiful everyday.  I appreciate that so much as a female, but it's time now that I work on some self discipline. 
 
I know that losing weight is all about changing your lifestyle, not just working hard for 8 weeks then stopping.  So, I'm sharing this with the blog world because now it means I really have to hold myself accountable!  Hopefully, by the end of this thing, I can show you before and after pics and be proud of the outcome!!! 
 
Here's to a disciplined lifestyle of exercise and healthy eating. :) 

1 comment:

  1. You will do great Valerie, stay focused and remember like you said you want to be active and healthy not only for you but for your son and husband. I put my money on you to win =)

    ReplyDelete