Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm a Loser.

Well, I am.  :)  Yesterday was the last day of our 8 week weight loss competition at work.  My grand total of weight lost?  17.7 lbs.  Yep!  I can't believe I even lost any these past 2 weeks, but apparently so!  We still haven't heard who won the $400+ prize money, but I'm fairly certain my percentage wasn't high enough.  I am still very pleased with how it went and hope to continue this process.  Although my boss and I did celebrate the end with a cheeseburger, fries and a Dr. Pepper - and it was oh so good! 

I still feel like I was able to eat foods I enjoyed, but I mostly focused on how much I ate.  If we went out to eat at all, I would ask the waitress for a box as soon as she brought the food out.  Then, I would automatically put half of my entree in the box to take home - no matter how delicious it was or how much I wanted to eat the whole thing.  (There is one exception to this - when we went to Qdoba, which is the closest thing to Chipotle around here, and I ate the entire burrito, but come on!  So good.)

Anyway, I lost all that weight and there was still only a little bit of exercise.  I need to make that part of my daily/weekly habits (I believe I said that before, but still haven't followed through).  Right now I am about 15 lbs less than before I got pregnant, but the amazing thing about having a baby is that your shape will never be the same again.  (I'm chuckling to myself as I write this - also knowing that some women have the rare experience to look bikini-ready weeks after having a baby.  Kind of sickening, I know.)  The shape-change is totally worth it though.  :)  I mean, have you seen that cute little baby face?  Love it.

So, that's my weight loss competition journey.  I'll be keeping my portion plan (with a few indulgences this week since I'm now a "free" woman from the competition) with the hopes of continuing a slow but sure weight loss.  Thanks for all the encouragement along the way!!

***UPDATE***: Just found out today that I placed 3rd in the competition at work!  Unfortunately, only the 1st place gets the prize money, but out of 22 people - I'll gladly take 3rd place!  :)

2 comments:

  1. haha, they have a chipotle in fayetteville now! (and flying burrito- my favorite- c'mon!)

    but seriously, good job! we are working on portion control here too. we're hungry people.

    ReplyDelete