Friday, June 24, 2011

My favorite things: 1st Edition

Here are a few of my favorite things as of right now:

1.  Day lilies
Nick picks these for me along the backroads of Arkansas and I love them!  Each bloom lasts only a day, but when those die, there is a whole new round of blooming flowers.  Each day is like a new bouqet and it lasts for several days.  Best part - they are free!  Aren't they beautiful?




2. Poppyseed Chicken

Seeing as we are both employed by a chicken company, we have a lot of chicken at our house.  So we're always looking for good chicken recipes and we have found one of our new favorites from Carol Spenst.  Thanks Carol, for this delicious recipe!!!  We have already made it twice sice we found it and it is delicious!
It's called Poppyseed Chicken, but it should be called a piece of heaven for your mouth.  haha.  :)  Ok, that might be a little over the top, but it is seriously so good.  You can find the recipe here: Poppyseed Chicken.




3. Heaven is For Real

I took a vacation day a few weeks ago (someone accidentally took my car keys up to Missouri and Caleb and I were stuck at home! So I took advantage) and finished the book in one day!  It was that good!  I know a lot of people have been raving about this book and it's with good reason.  It gives you a new perspective on childlike faith and excitement for our eternity in Heaven.  Also, it is such a comfort to read in light of the recent passings of my Grandma Willis and Grandpa Goetz. 


4. My boys, of course.  :) 


1 comment:

  1. You got your Mom's love for cut flowers! They are perfect in a Mason jar, too, very country. And the strawberries & bananas . . mmmmm, mmmm.
    Someday I will try that poppyseed chicken!

    ReplyDelete