Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shout Out to Our Families

This post is a shout out to our families.  I am continually reminded of how blessed we are to have the families we do.  I mean seriously, we (and I'm talking people in general here - you, me, etc.) are surrounded by people in our everyday lives that have so much junk going on in their families.  It is so rare (and I'm sure a lot of you that read this are either in our family or are just as blessed as we are with your own families, so you understand) to have families in which you get along with both your own immediate family and your in-laws.  We have incredibly thoughtful, generous parents and siblings and we are so blessed to have been around that our whole lives. 

I can't say enough about our parents.  And my sisters (including my sis-in-law).  And Nick's brothers (who I consider my own brothers).  I am blown away by how much God has blessed our family.  I am eternally grateful that we were raised in this environment, and even more so that our son gets to be raised in this environment. 

One of my favorite things about our wedding was that we were able to show the legacy of love and marriage through our families.  We were able to show the wedding picture of our parents and every set of grandparents, as they walked down the aisle.  Each set of grandparents had been married for over 48 years!
 
Grandma & Grandpa Goetz - 54 years (Grandpa passed away just two months before their 55th  anniversary)


Grandma & Grandpa Willis - 51 years (Grandma passed away 4-5 months before their 51st anniversary)


Mamaw & Papaw Wampler - 49 years (Papaw passed away just over a month before their 50th anniversary)


Grandma & Grandpa Braschler will be celebrating their 50th anniversary in September! 


Mom & Dad Goetz - will celebrate their 27th anniversary in July


 Mom & Dad Braschler - will celebrate their 26th anniversary in September


Wow! What an incredible legacy to have the great honor of continuing!  Thank you to our families for your example of godly, loving marriages.  Also thank you to our siblings for being your awesome selves!












1 comment:

  1. love the pics! and i love the styles of your grandma's wedding dresses. the mystery is how they get their waists so tiny!

    ReplyDelete