Friday, July 29, 2011

Hot Fudge Ice Cream Bar Dessert

It was our co-worker's birthday this week, so my boss and I each made this ice cream dessert.  It was super easy and oh so delicious!  You can find the recipe here.  Here's my version with pictures:

Hot Fudge Ice Cream Bar Dessert

Ingredients:
1 16 oz. can/bottle chocolate syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
19 ice cream sandwiches (I used vanilla and my boss used PB ice cream sandwiches, and they were both delicious! Also, I bought two boxes of twelve sandwiches each and ended up using all but one, so I guess the number is flexible and probably depends on the size of the bar and how you arrange them.)
1 12 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup salted peanuts 

Pour the chocolate syrup into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave 2 minutes on high.  Do not allow to boil.  Stir peanut butter into hot chocolate until smooth.  Allow to cool to room temperature.  I went ahead and did this first step early and then did some laundry and other things while it cooled.  

                           


Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch dish with a layer of ice cream sandwiches.



As you can see, I cut mine to fit into the small sections.  The recipe did not come with picture directions, so I'm sure you could just as well line the sandwiches in the opposite direction.  It will taste exactly the same.  And there is chocolate and ice cream and peanut butter involved, so I know without a doubt that it will be delicious (plus I've already tasted this sweet, chocolate-y, cool, mmm-mmm goodness, so I know it's true).


Spread half the whipped topping over the sandwiches. 



Spoon half the chocolate mixture over that.


Top with peanuts.


Repeat layers.  Warning: Maybe I made too much or packed it all in too tightly or something, but mine ended up overflowing (and so did my boss's I found out later), so keep that in mind as you go about your work.  







So, when that happens to you, you must scrap it off the side with your finger and give it a little taste.


You might have to do a lot of scraping and tasting.


I'm a little afraid of what damage that chocolate-y drip did in between the stove and the counter.  You that had-to-reach place?  Who ever really knows what ends up between those two things anyway?  




Then freeze until firm, 1 hour.  I put a pan underneath because it just kept overflowing.  And I froze it overnight uncovered and it did just fine.


Then cut into squares to serve.  And enjoy!!

This really is a great recipe for this extra hot season.  No need to use the oven and heat up the whole house!  Now go make one for yourself!  





Why are you still sitting there?  You won't want to keep yourself from this indulgent dessert for another minute.  It's a good thing I took this to work because it would have been a bad thing to have that chocolate mess staring at me and calling my name from the freezer.  :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment