Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hearty Potato Soup

In the spirit of fall weather, I have been making lots of soups.  They're my favorite.  I'm sure Nick is already sick of them, but he better gear up, because I could eat them all the time! 

Here's one of my favs, and a recipe from my dear ol' mom.  :)  Thanks Mom!

Hearty Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
8 oz. french onion dip
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans of milk (use the cans from the cream of chicken soup)
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked (save some grease)
1 onion chopped
2 celery ribs
10 potatoes, cubed (or 1 pkg frozen hashbrowns)

Directions:
Fry bacon in large pot.  


Set aside bacon.  Using a small amount of grease, saute onion & celery.  




Also, it doesn't hurt to have a cute, sleeping baby to keep you company.  :)


Add butter.



Then soup.


And the two cans of milk.  



I thought I had the dip in my fridge, but turns out it was this.  Nick's Aunt Sherri gave it to us when they moved as they were emptying their fridge.  Still worked great!



Add the dip. 


Add potatoes. 
 I usually choose to use these - they taste the same and are way faster.  And I work full-time so these are super helpful. 


Bring to a boil and simmer.


Add chopped up bacon.


Yum!!  Now dig in and enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment