Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Favorite Things: 3rd Edition - A special edition dedicated solely to fall

Yep.  I put up my fall decorations last week.  Well, most of them.  I just couldn't wait any longer.  I LOVE fall.  With a passion.  I love everything about the season:
- the cooler weather
- sweaters/sweatshirts/long sleeves/comfy pants/socks
- changing colors of the leaves
- football
- the crisp air
- hot drinks: apple cider, hot chocolate, coffee, tea
- cuddly blankets
- fire to warm up with
- pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks, mums
- scarecrows
- baking goodies
- soups
- and so much more
 
I am so much happier now that the cooler weather is here (seriously, just ask my sweet hubby).  I try to enjoy each and every season, but summer couldn't be over fast enough this year.  I gotta say that I'm not a big fan of summer.  And that's ok for those of you who are, but this girl's heart belongs to fall.  And God must've known that too, because my birthday happens to fall (pun intended) on the first day of fall this year!!  I couldn't get a better birthday present!
 
Here are a few things I'd like to do with the family this fall:
- go to a pumpkin patch
- take lots of walks
- have a family photo shoot
- drink lots of apple cider
- sit outside with my hubby and a hot drink curled up in our patio chairs in a warm blanket
- bake lots of goodies and eat lots of delicious soups
- go to a Razorback football game
- go on a hay rack ride
- roast hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire
- meet our sweet little nephew!
- celebrate Caleb's 1st birthday
- get ahead on Christmas shopping (I hope that's not a too-far-fetched goal!)
 
I'll put up some pics of the fall decorations at our house when they're all finished.  But until then, Happy Fall Y'all!!!!  (yes, fall is still 1 week away, but I'm celebrating prematurely!)  :)

1 comment:

  1. we got a fire pit! the braschlers should come over for hot dogs and s'mores soon! i know it's not the same as a campfire (if that's what you were wanting), but still so fun!

    ReplyDelete