Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Date Night with the Hubs

Saturday night, Nick and I were able to go on a date.  I love date nights with my husband, it was so nice to just have some time for us.  My sweet cousin, Stephanie and her roommate Kaitlyn (JBU students), were kind enough to come over and watch Caleb.  You can tell Caleb really loves these girls and all the attention he gets.  He soaked it up.   

Nick and I went to our current favorite restaurant in Bentonville called Korean BBQ & Sushi.  Oh. my. goodness.  Soo soo good.  Trust me, I was a sushi-skeptic until Nick's Aunt Sherri & Uncle Rex took us here one day.  I tasted a bite of Sherri's "Fire Roll" and I was hooked.  We love this place.  My mouth is drooling even as I remember.  Then we headed over to Kirkland's just to "look around".  Haha.  Next was a trip to Home Depot.  We each got our fix.  Then we spent the next hour and a half at Barnes & Noble, Starbucks drink in one hand, book in another and read to our heart's content.  I was engrossed in Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers (my mother-in-law is going to loan it to me from her kindle to mine, so I got a jump start) and Nick was into the woodworking books.  He is seriously talented when it comes to building things out of wood.  I've been bugging him to do a blog post on his creations (which so far include a headboard, night stand, and most recently, a TV stand for his Mamaw), so maybe he'll do one someday.  

Then we headed back home where the sweet girls had folded some of our laundry and even taken out the trash and I'm positive the house was cleaner than when we left.  They rock. :) 

I'm a firm believer that date nights are essential for marriages.  And I'm glad we got to have one.  :) 

So go home and plan a date night with your spouse or group of friends and go on one this week!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment