Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Goetz Girls visit Arkansas

This past weekend my mom and sisters came down to visit us!  I so appreciate them taking some time off work and making the trip to come and see us.  We spent Friday night playing with Caleb and eating chicken and other yummy food.  :)  Saturday morning we played one of our favorite games, Sleuth and we introduced Nick to it. 

Caleb's Grammy and Aunts are teaching him the art of makeup. Uh oh. 



Ready to go shopping with his shirt from Aunt Julie!


Caleb showing Grammy how to brush his teeth.



 Then, we headed to the Promenade (outdoor mall) in Rogers with Caleb in tow to enjoy a day of shopping.  My mom's birthday was the 6th, so we treated her to some Chick-Fil-A and clothes shopping!  I got some candles from Yankee Candle (oooo how I love those candles!  And now they're having a buy-one-get-one-free sale!  Wish they didn't cost so much for one, but I would love to get some more.  It was also free pretzel day at Auntie Anne's, so of course we had to get freebie.  Luckily the line wasn't very long.  

Sporting some stylin' hats.



Grammy bought Caleb a cute outfit, complete with khakis, shoes, and colored shirt!  Adorable!  There was a bunny at the Children's Place's Garden Party, so we got this memory-catching photo.  Caleb loved it.  :)  







While we were shopping, Nick was busy working away in the garage, building this TV stand for Tyler & Robyn:  




He is quite the handyman lately and needs to write you a woodworking post soon before I take over and do it myself (which wouldn't be very helpful, but I would probably just brag on him a little - he IS my husband after all!).  :)  

When we got home, we were pretty pooped, but we did manage to get in another game of Sleuth and some Layered Ziti, garlic bread, and caesar salad.  The girls were so generous to get us some sweet Valentine's gifts with delicious candy!  And Julie brought us some Asiago Cheese bagels from Panera.  Mom made a delicious cheese pastry dish (we like cheese, can you tell?).  We also managed to get our traditional heads-in-a-circle pictures that basically are a giggle session somewhat caught on film.  Most of these probably won't be too interesting to anyone else but us four.  


Caleb got in on some of the action too.  :)







Mad faces.



I think this was our "grossed out" look.  Or something...



Look at Grammy and Caleb's blue eyes!




Roller coaster faces!


I haven't been watching the Bachelor, but supposedly there are "Courtney lips" and this is our best impression.


And again.


Caleb photo-bomb!



Scared faces.


Looking up.


Looking right.


Yes, we are strange.  :)


Sunday morning we headed to church and then to La Huerta.  Then they rode off into the sunset.  :)  I love my sisters and mom and am so lucky to have them in my life.  Thanks for a wonderful weekend!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment