Saturday, April 21, 2012

My favorite things: 4th edition

It's time for another installment of my favorite things at the moment.  Here are my favorite things from the past: 1st edition, 2nd edition3rd edition.  I've compiled a list of my top 10 (plus a bonus) favorite things right now for your reading pleasure plus a funny story.  :) 

1. Weather
Before all this rain (which to be honest, I really love the rain and have enjoyed this week), we were having some pretty amazing weather.  I think it will return starting tomorrow and I will be taking full advantage of the perfect temperatures.

2. Bradford Pears
These have all bloomed and turned in the last 3 weeks around here (I think they're all about green by now), but I just loved driving around town seeing all of the beautiful bradford bears flowering.  We planted two in our backyard last year and they survived the hot summer, so we had our own blooming trees in the backyard.

3. White sheets on our bed/New lamps
I've been wanting new bedding for our room lately with the new headboard Nick built for us.  Our room just felt so dark all the time.  Remember the bedding I chose before?  (Here were the options).  I had it paired with black sheets and pillowcases and it just added to the darkness.  While I was at Walmart about a month ago, I got the urge to buy a set of white sheets and pillowcases so I just did it.  I think it helps so much and has curbed my desire for new bedding for the moment (or at least justifying spending money for it!).  (Of course if this duvet cover and all the accessories were to go on DEEP, and I mean DEEP, discount, I would snatch it up in a second!!)

4. Caleb's hugs
After we changed Caleb's diapers, he stands up on the changing table (top of his dresser) and gives us a big hug - arms around our torso and squeezes tight.  It's the sweetest part of the morning.  And when I pick him up from daycare, he runs across the room with his arms wide open and gives me a big ol' hug.  Precious.


5. Hubby's woodworking
My hubby has been a building machine.  Here are some of his creations:


Desk for his aunt & uncle

TV stand for Mamaw


And some I can't find the pictures for:
Nightstand for master bedroom
TV stand for Tyler & Robyn
Headboard for master bedroom

6. Jolly Rancher - berry
I had a super stressful two weeks in the beginning of this month and so I was stress eating bad.  I blew through a bag of these and they are so good.  I just had to keep my mouth doing something, and these were it. 


7. Louie Giglio DVDs
Back in college, I got to watch the Indescribable video and it is just that, Indescribable.  It is amazing.  The speaker gives a talk (with tons of pictures) about the universe we live in and just how big our God is.  But yet, that same God that created the mind-blowingly enormous universe created each of us and knows us by name.  He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us in the most humiliating and excruciating way.  Wow.  So humbling.  We just got to watch it again in small group a few weeks ago.  I recently ordered three copies of it (one for us, two for family members) as well as another Louie Giglio DVD called How Great Is Our God.  Looking forward to re-watching Indescribable and watching How Great Is Our God for the first time. 

8. Having a clean house
There really is nothing better.  No matter how long it lasts (usually not very), it is such a nice feeling to sit on the couch and not see one thing that has to be done.  Whew.  I guess I better get mine to that state so I can breathe again.  :)

9. Yankee Candle - Hazelnut Toffee
I love Yankee candles.  I wish they weren't so expensive, although they do last for quite awhile.  I bought this one the other day, and wowee does it smell good. 
10. Tulips
A few weeks ago I saw the prettiest tulips at the store while grocery shopping, so I thought I'd indulge and buy a bouquet to have some fresh flowers in the house (this was during all those perfect, sunshine-y days).  Nick asked if I was dropping hints.  Ha!  I wasn't, but if he did want to ever bring me flowers home sometime (I've been loving tulips, especially lately) that I sure wouldn't mind.  I'm a lucky woman because remember that stressful two weeks I mentioned in #6?  Yeah, he brought me home some during that time just to brighten my day.  *Sigh*.


11. Maurice's
Oh boy do I love this store.  So much so that I could get myself in trouble spending money here.  I recently stopped in to purchase a gift card and I couldn't leave without browsing a little of course!  They are almost always having some kind of sale.  I just really love their stuff.  So cute.  If my hips were a little slimmer, I could fit into so many more cute things, but that's a work-in-progress.  :)  I love this place!

Funny story:  The other night I went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk right before bed.  I opened the fridge and was greeted with a bad smell.  I thought, "Oh my gosh - Nick just planted a stinker right here in the fridge and then closed it in.  I am so mad!"  So before I went and accused him of planting a stinker right in the fridge on purpose (disgusting, right?!) I thought I better double-check.  I know, I know, what a strange desire.  Anyway, I opened the fridge and took another whiff just to make sure and sure enough, I just knew he did that (is that even a realistic possibility? I'm thinking no.).  I was so mad!  So I quickly turned around to go tell him what I thought about that when I realized I had just made hard-boiled eggs a few hours ago.  That's where the smell was coming from.  Insert foot in mouth.  Or stink in nose.  I tell you this story so when all of you make hard-boiled eggs for Easter in the next two weeks, you will not go accuse your husbands (or sons) of planting a stinker in the fridge for you to find.  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment