Saturday, June 23, 2012

Father's Day Weekend


This past weekend we headed to Roaring River in Cassville, MO (about an hour and a half away) and met most of Nick's extended family there.  We rented cabins - we shared with the in-laws - fished, ate delicious food and relaxed.  It was a wonderful weekend with great people.  Once again, I am so blessed to have married into the Braschler family.  It was so fun to spend time with them all and I cherish those memories.  

On Father's Day, Nick even got to take Caleb fishing his first time.  Back on Easter, Caleb got his first fishing pole, so Nick took the opportunity to "teach" him how to fish.  It was so cute and my heart was very full to watch them together.  I didn't take many pictures this weekend, but I got a few.  Nana was so great to chase Caleb around and play with him and take him on walks.  He especially loved the swings on the playground right by our cabin.  And he was fascinated with bubbles.  











video


 His new thing is that he can say baseball/basketball, but it comes out "baybaw".  He'll just say it over and over again anytime he sees a ball.  Also, this week he learned this word "ow" and would point to his foot or head or arm or wherever got "hurt", say "ow" and ask for a kiss to make it all better.  It was very cute, but Nick said he needs to teach him the boy who cried wolf story.  Probably true.  :)  

I was sad I didn't get to see my dad for Father's Day, but I did get to talk to him before his week long trip to North Carolina for work.  We're taking an extended trip to Wichita in July for the wedding of Nick's best friend, so it will be nice to spend lots of family time together (and maybe I can go on a date with my hubby!).  

I forgot to mention at the beginning that on Friday afternoon we attended Nick's graduation from his CPE course.  He completed two units of this education and 400+ hours of class time or on call time at the hospital for each unit.  I'm very proud of him!  He is now a certified chaplain.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment