Monday, July 16, 2012

Garden Update


Our garden is growing like crazy!  Despite the army of ants that has taken over the entire side of the yard (and my husband loves it when I go on and on about them - ha.), everything has grown pretty well.  If you remember a few months ago, here's where we started:




And here's a picture I took about two weeks ago:





We've gotten plenty of cucumbers (Nick got a delicious pickle recipe from his grandma), banana peppers and tomatoes.  The jalapenos are growing pretty well and the green peppers are about to be ready to harvest.  We've had a harder time with the green beans and blackberries.  But I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with how well everything has gone, especially when you look at the before pictures.  Nick has spent a lot of time taking care of the garden and I'm pretty proud of him!  :)  Now if only we can get rid of those pesky ants...


0 comments:

Post a Comment