Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sad Week

It has been a sad week for our family.  We found out on Sunday that my 17 year old cousin, Tom, passed away Saturday night.  Here is a link to the story in the newspaper.  Please keep his parents and siblings in your prayers and our extended family as well as his friends and teammates.  I think it will be especially difficult for them as the funeral comes and goes and people leave town to get back to their routines, while their lives will be drastically different.

I think it is fitting that my last post was what Nick had recently written about things that matter and things that don't.  Unfortunately we were reminded of that again in our own family in a very tragic way.  My mom posted on facebook Sunday this thought which I thought I would share: "Have your hugged your kids today?  Do it again, please."

We have been so blessed by the outpouring of love and support from everyone and the community.  It is times like these where it is hard to be 4 hours away, but social media and cell phones make it easier to stay connected, along with supportive co-workers, friends and family.  We are praying that God uses this to his glory - and we know that we serve a good God and cling to that truth through the hurt.

Here's a sign that was posted by one of the restaurants near my cousin's high school.


We'll miss you, Tom.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just read the link. That is heartbreaking. I will pray for your family and that somehow Christ is glorified through this and people may come to know Him. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete