Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sprucing Up the Kitchen Chairs

We had Bible study at our house on Sunday night so I did a quick little project with the help of my handy husband on Sunday afternoon.  We bought our kitchen table and chairs at a garage sale while we were engaged.  The fabric on these chairs was pretty grody.  Add to that a potty-training two year old who has occasional accidents and a former youth group student who may or may not have also had an accident years ago on one of the chairs and add that to the yucky, used, old fabric.  It was definitely time for a change.  Nick unscrewed the seats for me the day before.  I had picked up some chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby and cut out pieces to fit the seats.  I didn't get enough fabric to do all six chairs, so two of the chairs got a temporary covering in a red fabric that I had originally got to cover all the chairs but it was just too much red for me.

Anyway, here is the finished project!  We used Nick's super awesome nail gun that has a staple gun attachment and it went pretty fast.  I love them so much more now.  Waaaaaay better than before.




0 comments:

Post a Comment