Friday, July 19, 2013

Mommy Time

On Tuesday night, I got to have some "me time".  :)  I am lucky to have lunches to have some me time, but sometimes you just need an evening to yourself.  I had just been thinking of this Tuesday morning and Nick somehow read my mind.  When I got home from work, he said, "Val, do you need a night?"  Yes please.  I think it is important for each parent to get some time to him or herself every once in awhile.  Good for the family, good for the marriage.  :)  I headed to the Cafe on Broadway with my kindle and got a delicious meal and iced vanilla chai and spent the evening reading in the quiet.  It was so nice.  Then I went home and changed and headed out for a jog.  And I even liked it - what is wrong with me?  haha.  I am working on Couch to 5k again and have one more run til I'll be when I stopped because of my heel.  The 20 minute run.  



Thank you Nick for recognizing that alone time is important every once in awhile!  It was a wonderful evening and perfect timing.  :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment