Friday, May 2, 2014

Easter 2014

We came back from our Roaring River trip on Saturday and the next day was Easter.  I had plenty of grand ideas I wanted to do the week leading up to Easter, but not a single one happened.  I had found several ideas of things to do to help little ones learn about the Easter story in the Bible - focusing on the fact that it's about Jesus, not bunnies and candy.  I didn't get around to doing an Easter basket or stuffing and hiding eggs.  Nick actually bought the candy and stuffed the eggs Easter morning and we hid them that afternoon so Caleb and Jack could go hunting.  But, I can't say that I am really sad that I didn't do some of the "typical" Easter traditions, because Easter really is about focusing on Christ and His love for us and the glorious conquering over death.  He is Risen!  

Here is Caleb on Easter morning.  Nick got him this hat while we were at Roaring River.  He loves wearing it all around the house!  He put it on one day and said, "I look good!  I'm a cowboy!"  haha.




Jack and Robyn came over after church and we had a delicious lunch and just hung out all day long.  The boys had a blast playing together and after nap time, they got to play outside and find Easter eggs.











I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter together celebrating our risen Savior!  



0 comments:

Post a Comment