Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Halloween 2014

This year for Halloween Caleb wanted to by Woody from Toy Story.  We decided that Caitlyn could be Jessie since I wanted to keep with the theme (while she's still young enough to not have her own opinions!).  :)

I decided I would try my hand and improvising and "making" my own costumes.  It went pretty well!  Thankfully, the Dollar Tree had a foam-like brown hat and red hat.  I added some pipe cleaner detail.  Amazingly enough Dollar Tree also had these cow vests.  I got two - one for Woody and the other to cut up to use for Jessie's pants.  I also bought a cool plaid shirt at Walmart for Woody and spray painted a badge (from Dollar Tree) gold to clip on the vest.  Caleb already had boots and a red bandana and he was all set!  For Jessie, I bought some yellow felt along with red pipe cleaners.  I used my hot glue gun to hold it all in place on a mostly white onesie I picked up at Goodwill.  I safety pinned the cow vest pieces that I had cut up to a pair of jeans.  I also got some red yarn and braided it for Jessie's hair.  I taped the braid to the inside of the hat.  Unfortunately the braid was a little too heavy for the lightweight hat, which made it hard to stay on, but it was a good thought!  We improvised and used a red bow.

We got to attend our church's fall festival on Wednesday before Halloween and had a lot of fun playing the games they had set up in the gym.  The kids won items to put in a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child and got to trade in their full shoebox for a prize bag at the end of the night.  Great idea!

On actual Halloween we brought the kids up to our office to trick-or-treat around our co-workers' desks.  They always get a ton of candy from this and this year did not disappoint.  We headed to Wichita soon after and were able to show off the costumes to my family.  We were in town for a wedding (so many weddings this fall - 3 in Wichita).  It was a fun Halloween for Caitlyn's first!

 Also, our newest niece was born on Halloween!  Charlotte made an eventful entrance into the world late afternoon.  Well her arrival went smoothly, but she had to spend the next 8 days in the NICU trying to get her oxygen levels under control.  We are so thankful she is home and doing great.  And big brother Jack is so loving to his new sister.  I haven't mentioned on the blog, but they moved to Colorado about a month ago and we sure do miss them. Can't wait for the day we get to meet our newest niece!



Our niece, Zoey.  :)











2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Love that creativity! We didn't get Sidney a costume this year :0 I'm with you on the they're crazy overpriced! I'm going to keep this one in mind for the future! He made a great Woody!

    ReplyDelete